Learn about Jill Castle, her nutrition certification, qualifications and experience in pediatric nutrition. As a registered dietitian (RD) and pediatric nutritionist, Jill cares for children aged birth to teen.
Jill Castle’s Bio
Jill Castle is one of the nation’s premier child nutrition experts. Known as a paradigm shifter who blends current research, practical application and common sense, Jill inspires parents and audiences to think differently about child nutrition and feeding kids.
A sought-after speaker, advisor, and media contributor, Jill has inspired TEDx, government, medical and parent audiences. She serves as an Expert Medical Reviewer for Parents.com and a handful of privately held child nutrition companies.
She is the author of several books, including Try New Food, The Smart Mom’s Guide to Starting Solids, Eat Like a Champion, and co-author of Fearless Feeding. She pens The Nourished Child blog, is the voice behind a popular podcast of the same name, and is a past contributor to US News & World Report’s For Parents.
- Certificate of Training in Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management (2010)
- M.S. MGH Institute of Health Professions, Boston, MA (1995)
- R.D. Internship, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA (1990)
- B.S. Indiana University, Bloomington, IN (1988)
Nutrition Certification, License & Registration
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist, State of Massachusetts (2023 – present)
- Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist, State of Connecticut (2013 – present)
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist, State of Tennessee (2008 – 2012)
- Dietitian Certification, State of Indiana (2007)
- Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian (1992 – 2002)
- Dietetic Registration, #723566 (1990 – present)
- Consultant, Southwest Dairy Association
- Nutrition Advisor, Needed
- Nutrition Advisor, Ingenuity Foods (Brainiac Kids)
- Advisor, Parents magazine
- Speaker’s Bureau, The Beef Check-Off
- Blogger Network, New England Dairy & Food Council
- Contributor, US News & World Report For Parents blog
- Creator, The Nourished Child podcast
- Pediatric Nutrition Private Practice, Jill Castle Nutrition LLC
- Advisor, Once Upon a Farm, LLC
- Food Allergies Expert, About.com
- Writer, US Rowing website
- Writer, USA Swimming
- Creator & Editor, The Nourished Child blog
- Owner, Pediatric Nutrition of Green Hills, LLC, Nashville, TN
- Sr. Clinical Pediatric Dietitian, Univ. of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- Nutrition Support Dietitian, The Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Clinical Pediatric Dietitian, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Consumer Protection & Licensure Task Force, Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- A.N.D. Representative, Youth Sports Safety Alliance
- Chair, Public Policy, Pediatric Nutrition Practice Group, A.N.D.
- Co-Chair, Public Policy, Pediatric Nutrition Practice Group, A.N.D.
- Chair, Public Relations, Pediatric Nutrition Practice Group, A.N.D.
- Co-Chair, Public Relations, Pediatric Nutrition Practice Group, A.N.D.
- Member, Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition DPG
- Member, Weight Management DPG
- Public Relations Chair, Nashville District Dietetic Association
- Member, Nashville District Dietetic Association
- Board Member, Eating Disorder Coalition of Tennessee
- Member, Tennessee Dietetic Association
- Member, Nutrition Entrepreneurs Didactic Practice Group
- Member, American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
- Member, Didactic Practice Group (DPG) for Dietitians in Pediatric Practice
- Member, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (A.N.D.)