Nutrition Counseling for Your Child
If you’re a parent or caretaker, you know healthy eating for kids in today’s world is not easy. In fact, what feels right and healthy for you doesn’t jive with what your kids want to eat, or even what they will eat.
Many parents today strive to focus on healthy eating for kids, but they get tripped up. Their intentions and desires don’t match up with their day to day reality.
Let’s face it: Raising healthy eaters is a challenge.
You put effort and emphasis on healthy eating. But, you feel like you’re spinning your wheels.
- The picky eater in your family has sucked the life out of dinnertime.
- The overeater is turning you into the food police.
- The food “sneaker” is making you very worried…and a little bit too controlling.
- The snack-a-holic is an unhealthy eater and never hungry for meals.
- And what about the child who can’t say ‘no’ to sweets, or junky foods?
- Or the teen who is trying his or her hand at dieting, vegetarianism, or simply trying to be the best athlete possible?
Let’s face it, bringing up healthy kids isn’t easy in today’s world!
Or, maybe you’re in the thick of a challenging situation, such as a medical condition, or a child who won’t eat properly.
And feeding that family of yours? Yeah, it can be a struggle.
Nutrition Counseling Can Help You Feed Your Child Better
I can help you:
- Navigate picky eating in positive, productive ways, and prevent you from making it worse
- Calmly guide your overeater into greater mindfulness and self-regulation with eating
- Set up a food system that will cure your child’s snacking tendencies, food sneaking, and more
- Start off on the right food when selecting food and feeding your baby or young child
- Ensure your child is nourished and satisfied after eating
- Energize your growing athlete while optimizing performance at the same time
- Raise a healthy eater who lives in a healthy body and has a healthy relationship with food
- Emphasize healthy eating for kids without going overboard
- Do the job of feeding your child with thoughtfulness, direction and ease!
I offer nutrition counseling through in person appointments in my New Canaan, CT office, as well as virtual consultation.Schedule Your Appointment
Face-to-Face Nutrition Counseling
I provide private face-to-face nutrition counseling in my office in New Canaan, CT, by appointment only.
At this time, I work one day per week (usually Mondays) and offer a package of three visits minimum to ensure you meet your goals.
Generally, my clients have a very specific goal they are working on with me, such as weight gain, trying new foods, medical conditions, or sports nutrition.
If a package of three visits isn’t a commitment you can make at this time, please feel free to sign up for one of my nutrition classes, browse my nutrition articles or listen to my nutrition podcast, all of which are full of child nutrition and feeding information.
“After I left your office, I went to Whole Foods and found all the brands/foods you had mentioned. You gave me a user-friendly guide on how to feed a child with food allergies! I can’t thank you enough!….1 month later…. I just wanted to let you know that A. had his 15 month appointment today, and the doctor is pleased with his weight gain! Thank you again for everything!” Jane L., mom from Fairfield, CT
As a pediatric nutritionist with over 27 years of experience, I have a wide range of expertise, including the following areas:
- Unhealthy, Extra Weight (Pediatric Overweight)
- Eating Disorders & Disordered Eating
- Picky Eating
- Failure to Thrive/Underweight
- Constipation, other GI disorders
- Food Allergies, Celiac disease
- Youth Sports Nutrition
- Healthy Eating for Kids
- And more!
Nutrition counseling for medical conditions is offered in collaboration with your healthcare provider.
I offer medical nutrition therapy in my office under the privacy and guidelines of HIPAA.
New Patient Consultation Package:
Three, 50 min Sessions: $700
**At this time, I do not take insurance, but will be glad to provide a detailed receipt for possible insurance reimbursement.**Schedule Your Appointment
Virtual Nutrition Counseling
I offer childhood nutrition counseling via phone or HIPAA-compliant digital platform. The premise of nutrition counseling is to teach, tailor and support you as you embark on improvements in feeding your family and facilitating healthy eating for your child.
These calls are also packaged as a three-session package to begin working on your goals.
Schedule Your Appointment
“I’m so grateful for Jill’s insights and support around teaching me, a food-challenged mom, how to have the right perspective, proportions, and choices to give my daughter and family a healthy relationship to food! Through multiple online sessions over the past three years, Jill’s nonjudgemental care and coaching has helped me relax and let go of the perfect meal. She is a wonderful problem-solver and I highly recommend her for nutritional guidance.” Elizabeth, mom of a preschooler
If you want long-term accountability and support, I offer extended packages. Packages are available in 4, 6, 10 and 15 call groupings and offer a discounted fee. Contact me for the details.
I also offer small group classes for interested parents located in Fairfield County.
Perhaps you have a group of friends who are parenting young athletes or who want strategies for creating healthy meals and snacks.
The best part about small group classes is that they are interactive, your questions are answered, and you get the support and friendship of other moms who are muddling through the same stuff. Contact me for pricing and details.
Payment is expected at the time of your in-person visit, and prior to your virtual appointment.
I accept cash, check and all major credit cards via Square or PayPal. If you choose to schedule your own appointment, you will be prompted to pay for the appointment to secure your time.
Feel free to contact me or call 615-943-1960.