Happy New Year! I’m so happy to have you as part of The Nourished Child community, whether this is your first time listening or your seventy-fourth. Instead of giving you the typical New Year advice that centers on diets, exercise plans, and that type of thing, I’m sharing some tips on motivation, mindset, and how to master feeding your child.
I start off with a few updates you can expect to hear in the podcast going forward – I’m going to be including more interviews with experts in the coming year and incorporating more stories into the show. I’d love to hear your Get Real stories, and you can find a link below if you’d like to share yours.“If you have a growth mindset, you question things instead of acting like you know the answers. You value the process of learning, converting, and changing over perfection.” - Jill Castle Click To Tweet
Then I dive into some mental shifts that can profoundly affect your all-around health and wellness, especially related to feeding yourself and your family.
I also cover the importance of cultivating a growth mindset, and how you can stay motivated to be the best parent and feeder you can be.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How a change in mindset can help you grow and transition with more ease and flexibility.
- Why I recommend that you let it go if you have a bad feeding interaction with your child and instead focus on positive instances around feeding.
- That learning how to feed your kids well requires you to learn new things and practice them simultaneously.
- Tips for staying motivated on the journey to instilling healthy eating habits in your child.
- Why considering how you want your children to remember you can help you stay motivated to be a great parent and feeder, even when things are tough.
- Why a mix of short- and long-term goals is particularly good for maintaining motivation.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase using my link, I will receive a small commission to help sustain this website. Thank you!
- Join my The Nourished Child Facebook page
- Subscribe to my Monday morning newsletter
- Subscribe to this show
- Run/Walk Method by Jeff Galloway
- iSmoothRun app
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Article: 4 Mindset Shifts You Should Make to Ease the Job of Feeding Your Family
- The Nourished Child Project
- Parents On Demand podcast network
- Jill’s Programs
- If you’d like to share your Let’s Get Real story, send me an email at email@example.com
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
Written by: Jill Castle, MS, RDN
Published on: January 3, 2019
Updated on: June 25, 2019