Young athlete snacks are an important ingredient in athletic success. Yet, the snacking culture on and off the fields threaten the health and athletic endeavors of many young athletes.The snacking culture on and off the fields threaten the health and athletic endeavors of many young athletes. Click To Tweet
What should you feed your young athlete before he heads to practice? Which nutrients are critical and what foods are best to eat? Learn about the nutrients and food combinations that will take your athlete’s performance up a notch.
What You Will Learn:
- The role of snacks in the young athlete’s athletic performance and growth
- The nutrients that support athletic performance
- Which food combinations provide energy and help satisfy appetite
- Why it’s important to make REAL food snacks
- When a snack is needed for the young athlete, and when it is not needed
What I Cover:
- Carbohydrates: what they do, and best sources
- Protein: what it does and how to select good sources
- How to select good sources of carbohydrate and protein
- Why single snack foods may not be enough
- My rule simple rule for when to offer a snack and when to skip it
- Why you should be focused on adding nutrition to your athlete’s diet
Links I mentioned in the show:
The Nourished Child podcast Giveaway
Help The Nourished Child podcast grow! Write a review on iTunes; subscribe to the show on iTunes or Android ; share on social media!
The more parents that know about the show, the more informed and better at nourishing their child they will be.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are included for my book. If you purchase off my website, I receive a small income which helps me offset the costs of running it.