Today, my guest, Jessica Levinson, MS, RDN, CDN, and I are talking about meal planning and healthy meal ideas. We address the daily grind of preparing meals, and how to make them easier and less stressful for you, moms and dads.
Jessica is a nationally recognized nutrition expert with a focus on culinary nutrition and communications. Jessica’s passion lies in the kitchen, where she develops nutritious and delicious recipes to feed her family and to inspire others to do the same. On her blog, Jessica shares easy recipes, meal planning tips, and school lunchbox ideas. You’ll also get an inside look into the challenges she faces in the kitchen and around the table as a real-life mom incorporating healthy meal ideas.
Learn how to create a simple meal plan and how to set yourself up for success on those busy nights of sports, church, and other extra-curricular activities your family participates in. Jessica shares her tried-and-true family meal ideas, as well as how to adapt to the outside influences your kids are certain to encounter. I know if you get just even ONE pearl of wisdom from Jessica, your life in the kitchen will be that much better!
I hope you feel inspired to change at least one little thing in your approach to meal planning! Maybe it’s taking a step to write down your ideas for each day of the week, or maybe you’ll schedule a regular shopping day on your calendar. Whatever you choose, I hope this episode provides the inspiration and gentle nudge to tweak things for the better.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How Jessica’s work in nutrition and meal planning has evolved as children were added to her family.
- How Jessica handles her children’s eating habits as they get older and are exposed to outside influences.
- Jessica’s step-by-step process for creating a simple meal plan.
- The important role of the grocery list in successful meal planning.
- How to incorporate healthy meal ideas on busy, activity-filled evenings.
- Jessica’s favorite family meal ideas.
- What parents struggle with the most when it comes to making meals for the family.
- Easy shortcuts to cooking that moms and dads might not know about (but are real game changers in the kitchen).
- What’s in store for Jessica in the future.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Jessica Levinson’s website
- Jessica blog
- Jessica’s Menu Plan Monday
- Jessica’s Recipe Library
- Jessica Levinson on Twitter
- Jessica Levinson on Facebook
- Jessica Levinson on Instagram
- Jessica Levinson on Pinterest
- Ep #47: Making Healthy Food Choices In College With Gracie
While you’re working on meal planning, what are you doing about snack planning? I have the perfect resource for you! My Healthy Snack Planner helps you pick, time, serve and supervise snacks for your children. Find it HERE!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
Written by: Jill Castle, MS, RDN
Published on: March 15, 2018
Updated on: November 21, 2018