What if you could make a better breakfast with breakfast recipes that are super fast and nutritious, delicious and a home run every time?
Today’s guest has just the book you need! Katie Morford, author of Rise and Shine: Better Breakfasts for Busy Mornings, has a cookbook focused on fast and fabulous breakfast recipes your child will love.
What You Will Learn:
- How Katie came up with her book title
- What inspired Katie to write a cookbook about breakfast
- What to do if your child doesn’t have an appetite in the morning
- Whether breakfast really is “the most important meal of the day,” or not
- The benefits of breakfast
- The components of a healthy breakfast, including protein, healthy fats and quality carbohydrate
- What a buyer’s guide for food products can do for you
- How you can actually make breakfast happen on busy mornings
- How Katie decided on which recipes to include in the book
- Recipes that empower kids to get involved and take ownership of breakfast
- Why Katie included savory recipes
- Katie’s tips for making smoothies
What We Cover:
- How the success of her first cookbook, Best Lunch Box Ever, led to the creation of Rise & Shine
- How eating late at night can interfere with morning appetite
- The validity of recent suggestions that report breakfast isn’t really needed
- The carb-heavy breakfast and how to get away from it
- What too many sweets in breakfast means for your child
- How to handle the busy teenager
- Ideas for getting fruits and veggies included in breakfast
- The different reasons why your child might not be interested in breakfast
- Solutions for the rushed child
- Solutions for the picky child
- Katie’s favorite breakfast recipes in the book
- Quick, on the go breakfast options, including smoothies, toasts, and other goodies
- The Smoothie Pantry
Links Mentioned in the Show:
Like the Show? Help The Nourished Child GROW!
Subscribe to the show in iTunes, on Android, Stitcher Radio, Google Play Music, Tuned In and more (links above)
Share the podcast on social media—Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Pinterest, Instagram–or where ever you hang out.
Don’t miss a thing! Join my weekly newsletter to get my sanity-saving, practical advice for nourishing kids of all ages (plus FREE cheat sheets, check lists, and guides…and more!).
Written by: Jill Castle, MS, RDN
Published on: December 8, 2016
Updated on: November 21, 2018