Fresh Raspberry Muffins
We have some raspberry bushes in our backyard. We planted them last year, and they are really taking off. It always feels like such a treat to go out and pick a handful, or even a bowlful, especially when I think about how expensive fresh raspberries are in the grocery store.
This recipe for fresh raspberry muffins is chock full of fresh raspberries, settled into a tender, sweet cake. The extra baking powder helps them blossom in the cupcake pan, especially since fresh fruit can weigh down a muffin and make it more dense than fluffy. So, as a result, these look like muffins, and not hockey pucks!
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup low fat milk, room temperature
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl, whisking them together briefly.
- Mix eggs, sugar, milk, oil and vanilla in a separate bowl, combining thoroughly.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, carefully mixing until just combined (be careful not to overmix).
- Gently fold in raspberries until incorporated into the batter.
What’s your favorite type of muffin?
Written by: Jill Castle, MS, RDN
Published on: October 2, 2015
Updated on: May 12, 2019