Learn the latest recommendations for starting first food, including food allergy prevention, baby led weaning vs. spoon feeding, texture progression and flavor exposure so you raise a healthy eater.
Baby’s First Food
Starting solids with your baby is both exciting and scary. It’s an intensive time for both baby and parent.
If your baby is transitioning to solid food or already has, you may have more questions than answers.
“What method is best?”
“How much does my child need to eat?”
“What about food allergies?”
The first and most important step in nourishing your child is your baby’s first food.
The Guidelines for Introducing Solids
Based on the latest research, we know exactly what it takes to get your baby started on the best foods and the healthiest, most productive feeding plan for a future of health.
However, the process of starting solids is fraught with opinion, changing research, and contradictions.
Today, starting solids is a whole new frontier: it’s daunting, confusing and sometimes downright scary.
The truth is undeniable, however.
The more you know about your baby’s nutrition, the better job you will do to nourish and nurture his health and well-being.
A Focus on First Food & Feeding
Researching, learning, adapting, and adopting all this new and emerging information can be stressful, too.
Who has all that time? You barely get a shower, let alone have the luxury to do research!
You are doing the best you can with the information you have…and on very little sleep, thank you.
What if you could have all the information you need in a handy little guide?
The latest, greatest compilation of practical, research-based recommendations for starting your little one on this very important journey: eating solid food.
The Facts About First Food (Without the Bias!)
The Smart Mom’s Guide to Starting Solids is your instruction manual for giving your baby the right start.
Developed by me, a pediatric nutritionist, this easy-to-read guide sets the record straight and clears up any confusion you may have when it comes to baby first food.
In a nutshell, I help you do it right.
All the options, considerations and warnings are laid out for you, with no-nonsense or hype.
You’ll learn everything you need to become a Mom who knows exactly how to introduce solid food, advance it the right way, and nourish your baby from the beginning so your child starts with the healthiest foundation possible.
What You Will Learn about Baby Feeding:
- How to recognize the signs your baby is ready to start solids.
- Step-by-Step guidelines about how to start and advance your baby on first foods.
- What feeding method (spoon feeding, baby-led weaning, and self-feeding) is right for you and your baby.
- The importance of food texture – and when to introduce more – to avoid problems later.
- The most common feeding mistakes and how to guard against using sweets or catering to pickiness.
- How to prevent food allergies – including peanuts and fish.
- Positive feeding practices and advice that will help you feed your child now and later in childhood.
- Where your baby should be with eating by age one.