As a parent, sometimes it’s the stories from fellow parents of their challenges that get you through tough times. This can be especially true with feeding, a common pain point for many parents and their children. That’s why I want to share some words of wisdom about feeding that I’ve learned from raising and feeding my four kids.
In this episode, I share the top ten lessons I’ve learned about feeding
I also talk about why it’s so important not to get too upset or be too hard on yourself if your feeding doesn’t go exactly right. You can’t control your children and whether they eat; your responsibility is to provide them with abundant, healthy options.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How I got to know each of my children’s unique food personalities, preferences, and temperaments.
- Why it’s best to adopt one feeding style for all of your kids, even if they have different eating preferences.
- The importance of being patient with your child’s individual development.
- Why I prefer the diplomatic, or “love & limits”, feeding style.
- Why it’s so important to try and keep an even keel when feeding doesn’t go perfectly – no emotional reaction is better than getting upset.
- The power of abundance as a feeding tool that can calm kids at mealtime.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase using my link, I will receive a small commission to help sustain this website. Thank you!
- Join my The Nourished Child Facebook page
- Subscribe to my Monday morning newsletter
- Subscribe to this show
- The Nourished Child Project
- Try New Food Workbook: How to Help Picky Eaters Taste, Eat & Like New Foods
- Article: Feeding Better with Love & Limits
- TNC 003: What’s Your Feeding Style?
- TNC 016: Your Child’s Healthy Relationship with Food
- TNC 026: How to Raise a Mindful Eater
- TNC 057: Won’t Eat Breakfast, Food Restriction and Picky Eater
- TNC 061: Feeding Rules that Help Kids Eat Better
- TNC 069: 3 Statements that Will Improve Your Food Parenting
- TNC 074: Mindset, Mastery and Motivation
- TNC 075: Healthy Snacks for Toddlers with Stephanie Ferrari, MS, RDN
- Jill’s TEDx Talk
- Parents On Demand podcast network
- Jill’s Programs
- If you’d like to share your Let’s Get Real story, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org