Could you be suffering from the Short-Order Cook Syndrome?
Do you make more than one meal at night to accommodate the varying preferences of your family? A back-up meal (or an alternate dish) whenever your child won’t eat, or refuses to eat what’s on your table?
If this sounds like you, you may have fallen into the Short-Order Cook Syndrome. Listen in for tips and strategies to beat it without losing your time, patience and sanity.
What You Will Learn:
- The signs and symptoms of the Short-Order Cook Syndrome
- How the short-order cook syndrome plays out at meals and in the home
- How picky eating encourages short-order cooking
- The surprisingly rate of catering among parents of picky eaters
- The why behind short-order cooking
- The cruel reality of short-order cooking on your child’s food demands
- The short- and long-term consequences of the short-order cook syndrome
- What you can do instead and tips for overcoming it
What I Cover in this Episode:
- Common motivations for short-order cooking
- How short-order cooking disturbs the Division of Responsibility
- Why nutrients get short-changed when you’re a short-order cook
- How the short-order cook syndrome may damage your relationship with your family
- How short-order cooking can prolong picky eating and keep your child stuck
- The ways in which your child’s health may suffer
- 8 different ways to overcome the short-order cook syndrome
Links I Mentioned in the Show:
How to Overcome the Short-Order Cook Syndrome (Free Download included)
The Dinner Bar (check the archives as there are a bunch of ideas!)
Help The Nourished Child Grow
Subscribe to the show on iTunes, on Android, Stitcher radio, Google Play Music, Tuned In and more (links above)
Share the podcast on social media—Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Pinterest, Instagram—where ever you hang out.
Don’t miss a thing! Join my newsletter for your weekly dose of sanity-saving nutrition advice for kids of all ages (plus free tip sheets, cheat sheets, guides and more!).