Food abundance. We live in a world where food is everywhere…from online recipes and cooking shows to the ever-present food options everywhere your child goes (school, doctor, church, sporting events)….it’s hard to figure out the right nutrition and food balance you should strike for your child.
Should you be uber-vigilant about food? Or should you be relaxed –or even lax about what your child eats?
Today on The Nourished Child podcast, I am exploring food. What it can and should do for your child. Specifically, how it should fit into your child’s life, what you should focus on most, and where it’s okay to let go. Most importantly, I’m talking about the food balance you can strike for a happy, healthy and nourished child.
- The role of food in kids’ lives
- How to use food groups at meals and snacks
- How to strike a healthy balance of food for your child
- How to handle sweets and why they have such a stronghold in children’s diets
- The realities of 21st century food and what that means for your child and his eating
- And…is “healthy” food all that it’s cracked up to be
Food groups and serving sizes from ChooseMyPlate.gov
The 90:10 Rule for balancing indulgent foods
Are you getting my weekly newsletter? It’s just another way to get more info and stay abreast of my courses, free trainings and educational materials. Hope to see you there!
Written by: Jill Castle, MS, RDN
Published on: August 14, 2016
Updated on: June 25, 2019