This week, we’re discussing a popular topic at the moment – raising and fueling athletes. The world of youth sports is littered with nutrition myths and inaccuracies when it comes to how we should be feeding our athletic children. I’m setting the record straight on the podcast this week so you can feed your children in a way that helps them perform to the best of their abilities.
Our kids have to go through pretty stringent guidelines, like “making weight” to compete, which causes stress, anxiety and elaborate weight-loss strategies for these young people. Nutrition myths and cherry-picking information can lead to poor performance and serious harm, so questioning some of what you hear in studies, in the media, and from other parents is important.If you have a better-balanced plate you’re going to get more nutrients, which helps the body efficiently use the energy it’s consuming. Click To Tweet
Join me on the podcast as we debunk myths about the importance of food quality, carbohydrates, protein and nutritional supplements, some of which could actively harm your child in the long run. Worry no more about some of these common misconceptions and email me if you’ve heard anything else on this subject that’s left you scratching your head!
Get on the priority list for the fall enrollment of THRIVE – the mastermind for pediatric nutritionists who want to take their business to the next level.
What You’ll Learn about Nutrition Myths:
- Why you have to tackle nutrition from day one.
- What basic misinformation is circulating and causing harm right now.
- Why research regarding adults does not always apply to children.
- 5 nutrition myths demystified.
- Why properly fed kids will enjoy their sport more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Join my The Nourished Child Facebook page
- Subscribe to my Monday morning newsletter
- Subscribe to this show
- The Nourished Child Project
- THRIVE: A Mastermind for Pediatric Nutritionists
- TNC 40: The Mind of a Champion – Train the Palate – Dan Walsh
- TNC 051: Teen Athlete Nutrition: Easy Tweaks to Boost Performance with Chris Rosenbloom
- TNC 041: The Evolution of Sports Nutrition with Nancy Clark
- Why You Need a Healthy Snack List for Sports
- 6 Unhealthy Eating Habits Young Athletes should Avoid
- 10 Foods for the Young Athlete’s Diet
- If you’d like to share your Let’s Get Real story, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!