I’ve had so many parents ask about age-appropriate nutrition books for kids, so we will be reviewing some of them here on the podcast today. Books are a great gateway for our children to learn about nutrition in an engaging and non-pressurized way, which I believe is the best way to get the younger members of our families more involved and making better and more informed choices.
[Download my FREE checklist How to Nourish a Healthy Child. It outlines the key nutrition, feeding and healthy habits every child needs to grow up healthy!]
On the show this week we have registered dietitian Shanon Morris: author of MC Veggie Fresh Rocks the Mic, a fun way of introducing our children to the world of nutrition without then having to try to understand a lot of the complicated and conflicting information out there. I also have an extensive reading list of wonderful resources for children that I have compiled to make this information more accessible, and eventually more intuitive for them.
Tune in this week for a wealth of resources that will help the whole family really get involved with making conscious decisions around food. I’m also sharing details of a workshop to promote healthy, happy family mealtimes.“It's amazing to see how quickly they can learn new information, and not only learn it, but teach it to other children and their parents at home. It's cliché, but they're the future of food, if you ask me." – Shanon Morris Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn about Nutrition Books for Kids:
- Why the books I’m sharing today are such a useful and empowering resource for children.
- How we can equip our kids with the tools they need to cope with stress around health and nutrition.
- What Shanon wants to achieve through her book.
- How the idea of MC Veggie Fresh developed and became the book it is.
- The importance of the storyline in Shanon’s book for keeping kids engaged and making the information relatable.
- How parents can make the kitchen a less daunting place for younger kids.
- What does not work when trying to teach children about nutrition.
Listen to the Show:
Featured on this Episode:
- Join The Nourished Child Facebook page
- Subscribe to this show
- The Nourished Child Project
- Eat in Peace: A Step-by-Step Approach to Happy, Healthy Family-Style Meals
- Shanon Morris: Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn | Twitter
- MC Veggie Fresh Rocks the Mic by Shanon Morris
- Big Breath by William Meyer
- Where Do Bananas Come From? A Book of Fruit By Dani Lebovitz
- Where Does Broccoli Come From? A Book of Vegetables by Dani Lebovitz
- The Super Crew’s Breakfast Cookbook for Kids by Melissa Halas
- The Best Nutrition Books for Parents