Healthy Snacks for Toddlers
Toddlers are snacking at incredible rates – and not always in a good way. If you’re the parent of a toddler, you know they need to snack at some points during the day – nobody enjoys the 4:30pm pre-dinner-hunger-meltdown – but you also know they need to be snacking on healthy, wholesome foods.
I’m joined on this episode by Stephanie Ferrari, MS, RDN, to talk about this important topic. Stephanie is a dietitian who also works with food, nutrition, and lifestyle companies to develop compelling, modern marketing and PR strategies. She’s also a parent herself, and the when, what, and how of toddler snacking is a subject she’s extraordinarily knowledgeable about.“As parents of toddlers, it can be discouraging - feeding your toddlers isn't easy, whether you have a really picky toddler or one that loves fruits and vegetables. Take it one step at a time, one day at a time.” - @ferrarird Click To Tweet
Stephanie and I talk about some of the biggest challenges parents and toddlers face when it comes to snacking. We discuss why toddlers often snack so much, how to put together a healthy snack, and why you shouldn’t simply rely on a single brand of snacks and treats for your little ones.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The biggest challenges Stephanie and I see parents and toddlers experiencing around snacking.
- Why so many toddlers immediately want a snack when they get in the car or stroller, and how to deal with this.
- How to deal with pre-dinner snacktime without ruining your child’s appetite for the main meal.
- Why it can be good to give your child a choice between snacks (as long as they’re both healthy options).
- What parents are doing right when it comes to toddler snacking.
- Why Stephanie prefers to give her kids sweet treats after breakfast, rather than dinner.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase using my link, I will receive a small commission to help sustain this website. Thank you!
- Join my The Nourished Child Facebook page
- Subscribe to my Monday morning newsletter
- Subscribe to this show
- The Healthy Snack Planner
- Stephanie Ferrari | FRESH Communications | LinkedIn | Twitter
- TNC 014: The Real Mom Perspective on Snacking
- TNC 071: Healthy Snacks: Satisfy Hunger with 3 Key Nutrients
- TNC 074: Best Wishes for Health and Wellness, 2019
- Article: Why You Need Healthy Snacks and a Snack Strategy
- Article: Stroller Snacking
- Parents On Demand podcast network
- Jill’s Programs
- If you’d like to share your Let’s Get Real story, send me an email at email@example.com
Enjoy The Show?
Written by: Jill Castle, MS, RDN
Published on: January 17, 2019
Updated on: February 3, 2019