As parents, we all struggle with balancing the needs of our children, our time constraints, and budgets. By now, you’ve probably heard how important it is to have time as a family over mealtimes. In fact, coordinating meals together can set your children up for a lifetime of dietary success. So, how do we make sure that family dinnertime is as successful as possible?
Today we have author, blogger, and Food Network personality Catherine McCord to talk about finding time for family dinnertime and raising healthy children. A mother and a business owner, Catherine talks about her experience with food blogging, parenting, and her new service, One Potato, that helps parents bring nutrition and enjoyment to eating.
Listen in to our conversation and learn about how you can manage your health, and your children’s health, to be the best parent possible.“I created a company around my own problem, which is I didn’t have any time, I was trying to save money, and I wanted something my entire family would eat, no matter if they were my husband’s age or my smallest child’s age.” -Catherine… Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn About Family Dinnertime :
- Catherine’s experiences with navigating parenting and nutritional challenges.
- How to solve nutritional and picky eating problems you run into with your children.
- What One Potato is and how it can engage your children in the food prep process.
- How to incorporate your children with cooking and avoid ‘food fights.’
- Ways to manage your needs while providing for your kids.
Listen to A Solution for Family Dinnertime :
Featured on A Solution for Family Dinnertime:
- Use the code JillCastle20 for a 20% discount on your order at SimpleMills.com.
- Join The Nourished Child Facebook page
- Subscribe to this show
- The Nourished Child Project
- Find Catherine on Twitter and at her website Weelicious
- One Potato’s website and Twitter
- The Weelicious Cookbook
- TNC 054: How to Help the Heavy Kid
- TNC 073: Optimal Wellness for Life Program
- TNC 061: Feeding Rules to Help Kids Eat Better
- US News & World Report: Balance Obesity Worries with a Holistic Health Focus
- The Kitchen is Closed
Enjoy The Show?
Written by: Jill Castle, MS, RDN
Published on: September 12, 2019
Updated on: September 21, 2019