I get a lot of questions from readers of my blog and listeners of this podcast, so today I will be taking the opportunity to dish out some answers regarding some very different scenarios. Though varied, the situations I’m going to cover are not uncommon and are things a lot of parents struggle with, like breakfast for kids!
Using the framework that I use in my own practice and accounting for all aspects of your child’s life, I’m providing you with actionable advice that will holistically benefit your little ones. I’ve got some tips regarding breakfast for kids, feeding picky eating athletes, and how to identify whether you are being overly restrictive when it comes to sweets and treats.Remember, kids are born liking sweet flavors, so you don’t have an outlier if your child is attracted to and enjoys them – I’d say you have a pretty normal kid. Click To Tweet
From over-snacking teenagers to toddlers who we sometimes feel like force-feeding, there is something in this episode for everyone. Feeding these guys can be frustrating, but join me this week for tips and instructions that you can employ to help them grow up big and strong while alleviating some of the mental pressure on you as a parent.
I will be launching The Nourished Child Project via my newsletter, so make sure to visit my homepage to get your name down and I’ll let you know when the signup window is open!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How to handle breakfast for kids.
- The three things to take into consideration when feeding your children.
- Why kids need to up-regulate and down-regulate their own eating.
- Warning signs that your child is not consuming according to their nutritional needs.
- The most commonly missed nutrients in kid’s diets.
- Why even athletes can struggle with their weight.
- How to deal with situations where your children are spoiled by others giving them sweets.
- Why having a family-wide policy solves problems of food restrictions.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Join my The Nourished Child Facebook page
- Subscribe to my Monday morning newsletter
- Subscribe to this show
- The Nourished Child Project
- The Easiest Way to Serve Breakfast to Kids
- The Importance of Breakfast: Help Kids Start the Day Right
- TNC 019: Better Breakfast Recipes for Busy Kids with Katie Morford
- 32 Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Kids [FREE DOWNLOAD]
- 9 Things Parents Should Know about Sweets for Kids
- How should I handle my Child’s Sugar Cravings?
- TNC 029: Food Restriction and Forbidden Food
- 9 Awesome Picky Eating Resources You Need to Know About
- TNC 043: Feeding Picky Eaters with Dr. Natalie Muth
- Why You Need a Healthy Snacks List for Sports
- TNC 053: Healthy Meal Planning Tips with Jessica Levinson
- If you’d like to share your Let’s Get Real story, send me an email at email@example.com
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
Written by: Jill Castle, MS, RDN
Published on: May 10, 2018
Updated on: April 13, 2019