Summer is busy. Meals are often late (and I admit, lazy).
Super simple meals help me survive “busy.”
This Caesar Salad is a favorite here at the Castle homestead—even the kids devour it!
You won’t find homemade dressing here— that’s in Fearless Feeding.
You will find leftover lemon chicken and homemade croutons, though.
If you don’t have leftover chicken, you can use this marinade for grilling chicken breasts.
Lemon Garlic Marinade
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
Marinate chicken breasts for 2-4 hours. Grill.
Of course, if you have leftover chicken, use that. Make your own croutons with stale or leftover bread.
Super Simple Caesar Salad
- 1 head romaine, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of croutons (more or less as desired)
- Prepared Caesar Salad dressing (I use a “light” version– Marie’s or Newman’s Own)
Assemble all ingredients and toss.
Easy. Super delicious. Fast. Summer salad!
What are your fast, easy, summer go-to recipes?