Oh, for the love of Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Pasta. My kids are in love with this meal, and have been for a very long time. I haven’t shared it with you before because it is embarrassingly simple. (and no, I don’t know why that has stopped me!)
I cook the pasta and broccoli together, which makes it super fast.
And the chicken tenders brown up quickly.
I call it semi-homemade because I cheat with jarred Alfredo sauce. Choose your favorite brand, or make your own.
While this is not a one pot meal, it is close. Give it a try and let me know how your family likes it!
- 1# large shell pasta
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1# chicken tenders
- 1 jar of your favorite Alfredo Sauce (I used Newman's Own)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Bring 8 to 10 cups of water to a boil.
- Wash and chop broccoli.
- Add pasta to boiling water. Add chopped broccoli to the pasta water (on top of pasta). Cook until the pasta is al dente and the broccoli is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, add about a tablespoon of oil to a large, deep skillet and heat using medium-high heat.
- Add chicken tenders. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking. Turn off heat when done and leave in the pan.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and add to the skillet with chicken.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over the chicken, broccoli and pasta. Toss to coat thoroughly. You may add a bit of water (or pasta water) to the jar to get most of the sauce out.
I serve this meal with a side of fruit.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 93 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 202mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 4g
Written by: Jill Castle, MS, RDN
Published on: May 13, 2015
Updated on: June 20, 2019