Sometimes my kids text me messages early in the morning when they are upstairs and I am downstairs.
The messages could be anything from
“Can you get my pants out of the dryer?”
“Do I have practice after school?”
Sometimes, like today, it’s about food.
“Will you make me what you made yesterday I’ll be down in 5”
And that, my friends, was the breakfast egg wrap with eggs, cheese, and ham.
We are on an egg wrap tear. And I think I know why…
And it’s tasty.
Here’s how I make it fast and healthy:
Ingredients for My Breakfast Egg Wrap
1 burrito style tortilla (I used white but whole wheat would be great (and healthier) too)
2 thin slices of American cheese
2 thin slices of Boar’s Head Black Forest Ham
- Spray a small frying pan with non-stick cooking spray; place over medium heat.
- Crack two eggs right into the pan, and “scramble” the yolk with a spatula (I skip the extra bowl/splash of water/scramble step to save time).
- Lay the tortilla on a plate.
- Lay cheese on top, centered in the middle of the tortilla.
- Add hot eggs on top (this gets the cheese melting).
- Place ham in the hot pan and turn over a couple of time to heat through.
- Add the ham on top of the eggs.
- Roll into a “burrito” and cut in half.
In less than 5 minutes, you have a protein-packed, hot, satisfying breakfast for home or on the go.
*Hot Tip: Wrap the wrap in tin foil for an on-the-go breakfast!
Have you ever made an egg and cheese wrap?