The Athlete Diet: Learn What & How to Eat
If you could help your young athlete perform his best, wouldn’t you?
Excelling at sports requires more than being born with a natural gift, participating in long hours of training, or purchasing extra lessons.
It also requires an understanding of the athlete diet.
Food is the fuel that makes your young athlete’s body go and grow.
You want your athlete to take some ownership for his nutrition. To make the healthy choices and the right ones when it comes to fueling his body for sport.
And you want this to happen when you’re not around.
Yes, you want your young athlete to master the athlete diet.
This Sports Nutrition Class Will Help You:
- Understand the athlete diet and know which foods are best for fueling a growing, athletic body.
- Create a plan for eating and drinking so your athlete is energized and focused for a game.
- Have a plan for promoting your athlete’s healing from grueling workouts.
- Know without question you are promoting healthy growth for a health future.
- Understand how food influences your child’s athletic performance.
- Nail the timing of eating so that your athlete feels great at game time.
- Feel proud about how your child fuels his or her athletic performance.
- Know your child is doing everything he can to power his performance for himself, and his team.
An understanding of sports nutrition is the secret ingredient to a competitive edge.
A Game Changer (Literally)
Nutrition knowledge is incredibly powerful for the lives of hundreds of athletes. I would love to see the same results for you!
How It Works
Eat Like a Champion is a computer-based class that gives you and your athlete the flexibility to study on the schedule that fits your life — whether that’s at 5 a.m. before the kids wake up, during a lunch break, for a few hours late at night, or on a Sunday afternoon.
This program fits into your crazy, busy life instead of you reorganizing your life around it.
You’ll get free and unlimited access to a series of online videos, educational worksheets, and printables all packaged in an easy-to-navigate virtual classroom that will help your athlete transform his eating and optimize athletic performance.
The training is available online, 24/7, so your athlete (and you) can learn at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
What’s in the class?
Eat Like a Champion is a four part class including:
- Complete access to 18 video lessons,
- 13 printable worksheets,
- Access to two e-cookbooks, and
- Bonus audio materials.
- You’ll have lifetime access, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How the Class Breaks Down:
Part 1: The Athlete’s Fuel
In this module, you and your athlete will learn:
- What it means to have a healthy diet
- The function and purpose of the major nutrients for sport: carbohydrates, protein and fat
- How to calculate daily energy and major nutrient requirements
- Which food sources deliver which nutrients
- How to balance them in the daily diet
Part 2: No Nutrient Left Behind: Supporting Players
In Module 2, you’ll learn about:
- The role of vitamins and minerals in sport
- Where to locate vitamins and minerals in food
- Calcium and vitamin D, the bone building nutrients
- The important role of iron in the athlete’s diet
- Where to source important micronutrients from food
- What to do if your athlete has a deficiency in his or her diet
Part 3: Hydration
In this module, you will learn
- The best hydration drinks
- How dehydration can rob young athletes of a great performance
- How much fluid your young athlete needs
- How to spot dehydration
- Several ways to check hydration status
- The criteria for choosing a sports drinks
- The lowdown on energy drinks and electrolyte drinks and how to manage them
Part 4: The Athlete Meal Plan
Here you’ll take everything you’ve learned about food as fuel and put it together into a meal and snack plan. You’ll learn:
- How to balance all foods at mealtime
- What constitutes a power snack
- The best timing of eating (before, during and after exercise)
- What changes need to be made for competition days
And there’s more!
You will also receive two e-cookbooks: Fast & Nutritious Breakfasts for the Young Athlete and Fuel Up! Dinner Recipes for Young Athletes. Additionally, two bonus audio recordings with Olympic athlete Dan Walsh, and sports nutritionist Nancy Clark.