Learn how to confidently feed your child with ADHD for better attention, behavior and growth (without wacky diets, power struggles or dramatic meltdowns) through the ADHD Diet for Kids Nutrition Class.
Parenting a Child with ADHD
If you’re a mom or dad looking to improve your child’s weight, growth, behavior and attention, then you probably already know you need to get your nutrition ducks in a row.
After all, you probably know that kids who get proper nutrition — day in and day out– grow well, have the right amount of energy (not too little or too much), and can function in their daily tasks.
The ADHD Diet for Kids by Pediatric Nutritionist, Jill Castle, MS, RDN
I’ve been a pediatric nutritionist for over 28 years and a mom to four kids. I have a lot of insight, experience, and wisdom to share about nutrition and food for the ADHD child.
The ADHD Diet for Kids program is a result of my extensive work with ADHD children, the nutrition science as we know it today, and my experience with real families who bravely navigate nutrition and ADHD every day.
Nutrition for the Child with ADHD
No matter what approach you’ve tried in the past, the real success comes from taking a refreshingly new approach to nourishing the child with ADHD.
The ADHD Diet for Kids nutrition class helps you balance food, eliminate food sensitivities, target inadequate nutrients, and feed with love and limits so your child improves in all areas, including attention, behavior, learning, growth and overall health.
I’ve taken everything I’ve learned from the research and working with families and children with ADHD and funneled it into a comprehensive, step-by-step program that not only teaches you WHAT to feed your child, but HOW to do it in the most effective and positive manner.
The ADHD Diet for Kids program is a whole-child, integrated approach using healthy food, positive feeding strategies and detective-like interventions to correct common nutrition challenges.
What You’ll Learn about ADHD & Nutrition
Module One: Eating with ADHD
As the name suggests, in this module, you’ll give your complete focus to food and nutrients. Specifically, what your child is eating, what he should be eating, and how to strategize a path to better nutrition.
- You’ll review the common growth and nutrition challenges associated with ADHD and why they occur so you can anticipate trouble before it begins – or reverse it if you’re in the thick of it. You’ll learn more about why your child frequently makes poor food choices.
- You’ll learn the latest science about the nutritional requirements for kids with ADHD and the specific nutrients and additives that may need to be addressed so you can nourish your child strategically for better attention, behavior, learning and growth.
- You’ll be able to determine if your child has additional food sensitivities, and what you can do about them.
- You’ll get specific ways to improve food selection, provide better diet balance, and understand when and why to use nutrient supplementation.
The module breaks down into the following lessons:
Lesson 1: Growth & Nutrition Challenges with ADHD
Lesson 2: Nutrition for ADHD
Lesson 3: Sugar & Additives and ADHD
Lesson 4: Improving Nutrition with a Healthy ADHD Diet
Module Two: Feeding Kids with ADHD
Here, the focus is on the day-to-day grind of feeding your child. From setting limits and positive feeding strategies to navigating special diets and tailoring your feeding approach, by the end of this module you’ll have:
- An understanding of why your child’s appetite is erratic and how you can manage it so that your child eats enough and with regularity.
- Learn about negative feeding practices so you can avoid them (because they often make things worse). You’ll also understand how to feed with love and limits so you can train your child to regulate his appetite and eating.
- My strategy for feeding kids and how to implement it so your child eats better, is calmer at the table, and develops a positive relationship with food. You’ll even learn how to introduce new foods without turning your child off.
- A handle on all those special diets: Elimination, Feingold, gluten-free, and more. You’ll get the lowdown on these and determine whether these are good options for your child.
Here are the lessons you can expect in Module Two:
Lesson 1: The Ups and Downs of Eating
Lesson 2: What is Food Parenting?
Lesson 3: Feeding for Success
Lesson 4: Special Diets
Module Three: Common Challenges with ADHD Nutrition
Designed to help you troubleshoot the most common food, feeding and nutritional problems, you’ll tackle challenges you can solve with food, those you can solve through strategic feeding, and the challenges you can solve with a combination of both food and feeding.
- You’ll learn how to solve weight problems and nutrient deficiencies using a food-based solution, and know whether supplements are needed (and which ones are best).
- Navigate the “no appetite” problem with effective feeding schedules, and troubleshoot the child who “eats all the time but doesn’t gain weight” with creative solutions that work.
- Solve bad eating habits such as constant eating or overeating unhealthy foods with easy-to-adapt boundaries your child will understand.
- You’ll learn how to turn the constant snacker and the junk food junkie into healthier eaters, while setting up a strategy to get the pickiest kids eating new foods and the supplement-dependent child transitioned over to real food.
Module Three breaks down into the following lessons:
Lesson 1: Challenges You Can Solve with Food
Lesson 2: Challenges You Can Solve with Feeding
Lesson 3: Challenges You Can Solve with Food & Feeding
Bonus Modules: Real Life Stories &
Healthy Gut Check
In the bonus modules, you will experience real life stories of children with ADHD and my expert advice to move them forward. You’ll also learn about the importance of a functioning, healthy digestive system, including how to deal with constipation and the role of pre- and probiotics in a healthy gut.
Printable Materials and Books
In addition to the modules and bonus trainings, you will get audio recordings with experts in the field, over 25 printable worksheets and guides, and two e-books to further support your learning and progress.
The ADHD Diet for Kids is the complete nutrition plan that addresses the whole child, inside and out.
If Your ADHD Child is…
- Not hungry for hours and hours in the day (skipping one or two meals each day)
- Not gaining weight consistently
- Not growing well, or as expected
- Avoiding certain foods on a regular basis
- Sensitive to the texture, smell, appearance, or other qualities of food
- Triggered by food additives such as artificial food colors, preservatives or salicylates
- Eating too many processed, fried or sweet foods
- Gaining extra, unhealthy weight
- Refusing to come to the table, or adds stress to meal times
- Is very picky…and getting worse
What You’ll Get from The ADHD Diet for Kids
- In just 6 weeks, you get a comprehensive food plan that assures your child is getting the proper nutrients his brain needs to function well, while also covering the nutrition he needs to grow as expected.
- You’ll have an effective feeding strategy that hits the right meal and snack timing, sets loving limits around eating, and nurtures your child to try new foods without negative repercussions.
- Discover — and know how to plan for — eliminating the foods that disturb your child’s ability to pay attention, behave, and learn, while encouraging the foods that sustain your child in his everyday world.
- Pinpoint deficiencies in your child’s diet and address them head on, so your child pays attention, learns, and is on an optimal path for health and well-being.
- You’ll have confidence, know-how, and tools to navigate any nutrition challenge that comes your way.
The ADHD Diet for Kids Nutrition Class Includes:
You’ll get access to all 4 modules, cheat sheets, resource guides, check lists, e-books, audio lessons, and every tool you need to efficiently nourish your child with confidence and ease.
- Access to The ADHD Diet for Kids Core Content
- Ongoing Private Facebook Group
- Try New Food Workbook
- The Healthy Snack Planner for Kids
- Checklists, Cheat Sheets, and Guides
So You Can…
- Leverage the best food sources of nutrients for your child and determine the right supplements should your child need them.
- Develop the skills and techniques for positive feeding (and avoid the negative feeding traps) so that your child is calm and pleasant at mealtimes.
- Hone your trouble-shooting skills to solve nutrition challenges with proven techniques, while minimizing frustration, stress, and undesirable eating habits.
- Gain confidence and knowledge quickly so you can turn around any negative nutrition habit and deter issues with growth, behavior and learning.
- Get a library of solid, science-based resources – all in one place and ready for you when you need them.