The New Year is underway, and those good intentions of eating more fruits and vegetables may be fading. It can be hard to eat fruits and veggies, especially in the winter!
But did you know the more fruits and vegetables you and your child eat, the more likely it is you’ll get the vitamins and minerals your body needs, the easier it is to stay at a healthy weight, and the more likely it is that you can get to a healthy weight, if you need to?
And this winter, more fruits and vegetables may mean fewer colds and flu.
Seems like a no-brainer to me.
To make it easier for your kids to eat and track their fruit and vegetable consumption, I am giving away a cute chart for you called Today I Ate a Rainbow!
Here’s what it includes:
1 portable magnetic chart
4 sets of rainbow tracking magnets
4 achievement magnets
The Rainbow Bunch! Book
2 magnet strips for the free downloadable Today I Tried chart
Here’s what you do with it:
- Set up the chart in your kitchen on the refrigerator or wall.
- After your child eats a fruit or vegetable, he places a magnet on the corresponding colored column on the chart.
- Four children can track their intake at once.
- The goal is to eat all the colors of the rainbow during the day—the uncovered colors are the fruits and vegetables that still need to be eaten.
- Once your child has eaten the rainbow, he gets to place an achievement magnet on the chart for that day. The goal is to eat a rainbow every day!
I think this is a great way for kids to learn about fruits and vegetables, to become more aware of their eating habits, and to get instant feedback on their goals.
I am giving away a brand new Today I Ate a Rainbow! Kit, compliments of Kia and her daughter, Hannah.
Here’s how to win:
- Mandatory Entry: Tell me your biggest challenge with getting your child to eat fruit or vegetables. Tell me about it in the comments below.
- Second Entry: Like Just the Right Byte on Facebook or share the page with a friend. Tell me you did in the comments.
- Third Entry: Like Today I Ate a Rainbow!on Facebook. Tell me you did in the comments.
How do you keep track of your child’s fruits and veggies?
This giveaway ends on Friday, January 17 th at midnight (EST). You must be 18 years old and a citizen of the U.S. to enter. Winners will be determined using random.org and announced on the Just the Right Byte Facebook page.
Disclosure: I was given a free kit from Today I Ate a Rainbow for review.