Here they are (in no particular order):
- Make whole wheat bread at least twice weekly (I have gotten a little off track with bread-making..so time to get back on routine).
- Eat salad (plus protein) for lunch more often.
- Stay off sugar and cream in my coffee (I’m off and want to stay that way–it’s a tenuous situation, though).
- Exercise 5-6 days each week (walking, lifting weights, running, gym workouts, yoga, hiking, yard work are all fair game). Exercise helps with my creativity, my stress level and obviously my fitness.
- Make kale chips (this has been on my “to do” list for quite some time).
- Bake more ( I want to make muffins, new cookie flavors and try my hand at pie–pie is new territory for me).
- Assign the dinner task to one teen each week (I have 2 options here); help her as needed, but emphasis will be on her role as main cook. (I may even get some good blog posts out of this endeavor!)
- Entertain more. Work, writing and holding everything family, business, book and blog together has crowded out entertaining–and I’m a social gal! This will feel good and create more balance for me.
- Be better about getting fish into our family meal plan at least once per week (twice would be great).
- Keep getting up very early to write Fearless Feeding (it’s the only protected time during the day I have).
- Stay balanced, objective, fair and engaged with everyone I encounter, what I write about and the work I do.
- Be a role model for health, wellness and parenting.
I hope I can stay the course with my list of personal improvements over the next year. Writing this down will give me a reminder, for sure.
What will you be working on in 2012?